Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity85

Squire 9 Info

Simplicity85
Hey Guy's, My buddy has a 1964 squire 9 and on all the other squire's I see gold fenders with gold side covers. His has a yellow seat pan and yellow side covers. (not from a AC) It has a Squire tag on it. Was this like special tractor or model? Thanks

SimpleTom
Need pictures, but I doubt it is anything special. Probably been painted. The Montgomery Wards tractors from before Simplicity made them, and when Simplicity made them, and right after when Gilson made them were all gold/bronze colored with the exception of when Simplicity first made them using the 700/725 tractor as a base. No yellow Wards tractors from the early 60's that I have ever seen. There are later 70's Wards tractors that were yellow but they were not Simplicity made. Here is a early Wards Squire 7 1/4. I believe it was made by Gilson as well.

This one was also all gold/bronze.

Here is a yellow Gilson made Montgomery Wards tractor.

Tom

PeppyDan
The original seat pan may have been damaged at some point and the side panels may have rusted so the original owner ordered new parts but they came from the Allis dealer so they were painted A.C. colors. Dan