Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Cab Covered pics

AC_B-1Novice

Here it is finished except for adjusting that darn wiper.

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/2A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/3A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/4A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/5A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/6A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/7A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/8A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/9A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/10A.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/11A.jpg[/img]

That's all folks. It is as about done as I can do it until it is tested in the snow. The dump pro on the hood are pieces of magnetic sign that I cut up to cover the vents for the winter. I hope it works that way. larry P.S. Thanks a lot for all the encouraging words. I really am a novice because I depend on you all for every thing I do on these tractors. They are still a mystery to me.

That's a lot of engineering, Macguyver would be proud! That's looks like it'll be nice and toasty. Now all ya need is some nasty weather.C|:

Nice job on the cab! How did you make your seams in the tarp material? I'm thinking that would be the difficult part of covering. Your going to love it when the cold wind blows. Chris

I thought of one of those heaters but it draws a lot of amps! THe old tractors are something like 3 amps if I remember right and the new are 3 or 15 amp charging system. I may be wrong but that is what I remember...if its 3 amps its not much. I am running 2 extra lights on mine and it eats capacity fast. That is a great job!!!

Looks GREAT - YOU DO NOT WANT TO COVER THE FRONT VENTS(getting your attention) - just the back ones are suppose to be blocked for the winter - per the 6200 winter-ization manual - I still get plenty of heat - Chris

Thanks Chris I didn't realize that. I will take the front one off. Also does anyone know how many amps the 6216 puts out? The heater is a 150 watt heater/defroster. I wouldn't run it for heat just in case I needed it for a quick defrost. larry

Hey, I like it! I agree, don't block all the vents. Other than that, looks good! I didn't get to building mine this summer, so I guess I have one more year of eating snow. Some action pics blowing snow would be cool! Steve

quote:
Originally posted by AC_B-1Novice
Thanks Chris I didn't realize that. I will take the front one off. Also does anyone know how many amps the 6216 puts out? The heater is a 150 watt heater/defroster. I wouldn't run it for heat just in case I needed it for a quick defrost. larry
What size fuse is in the plug tip?

Final product looks absolutely GREAT Larry. Good jobdOddOd. But we (me anyway) would like to see some of the pictures again of the framework you made, where did those pictures go? Did not see them in the original post anymore or this one. Please re post frame pics for us who were teased. Thanks, Greg

I have no idea how all those frame pictures got replaced with the finished pictures. I will repost them. I hope I don't get into trouble for doing so. larry

Terry...I used a thin tarp of the kind you get at Odd Lots. It is tough and easy to cut and cheap. Anywhere I couldn't staple to wood I used Gorilla tape. It is a little expensive but boy does that stuff stick. I had no time to cut a pattern and sew it so I tucked and folded, cut and staples or taped. All joints are screwed or bolted together for easy take apart. Windows are 1/4 inch plexiglass as I didn't want to risk glass. The wiper has been the headache. Getting the arm from the motor to the wiper arm distance has not been easy. It required making parts and remaking until the distance was correct.