Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler 2 cylinder KT17 coil......................

LesH

Has anyone used a coil for a Harley Davidson motorcycle on a Kohler KT17 2 cylinder engine?? Seems I read about that someplace, and they were a lot more reasonable in price too.

Have you ever checked this site out? http://www.kirkengines.com/ Some day I would like to try out the point saver system for Onan,s. StanD

Yes, the KT17 series 1 that finally gave has had a Harley coil for many years. The previous owner, my father-in-law, did this. He had to remount the coil so it was positioned vertical, but it has been working for probably 15 years or more that way. I don't have any numbers from it, but I know it's the old style chrome coil.

Wow never thought of a part from a harley dealer as having resonable prices.:D..The kohler part must be mucho dollars. I own a series 1 kt 17 and am hoping it runs forever.
quote:
Originally posted by LesH
Has anyone used a coil for a Harley Davidson motorcycle on a Kohler KT17 2 cylinder engine?? Seems I read about that someplace, and they were a lot more reasonable in price too.