Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tires and Wheels

adamf203

I found a site that sells replacement wheels of garden tractors. I know the side is right, but I'm not sure about the center size and offset. This is what I received from the company via email... Our wheels are 12 inch x 8.50 inch - 5 lug - 4.5 inch bolt hole circle. The big hole in the center is 3.12 inch. The wheel has a 1.25 inch positive offset.(Positive offset moves the wheel in toward the center of the tractor) Will these fit without a problem? Also, he said that their valves are not designed for water or calcium loading. He said that i could find someone to 'foam' load them. Has anyone used foam before?

you do not want foam. it breaks down and then you get a horrible ride. you can load the tires with windshield cleaner. unless they have some welded in valve stem i dont' know what difference they would be. and don't see why you could not load them with anything besides air.

My .02: Regarding the windshield cleaner, be sure the material states a temperature below 32 degrees... -20 is even better. I've used the cheap blue liquid for many years in various applications (rather than the expensive pink or orange stuff) however there are now more vendors cranking out blue water without any additive... I need wheels soon, please post the website. Thanks, Joe in Jersey

My question is that if it can accept a liquid such as windsheld washer fluid, how can it not accept another liquid such as Rim Guard (www.rimguard.biz).

quote:
Originally posted by adamf203
My question is that if it can accept a liquid such as windsheld washer fluid, how can it not accept another liquid such as Rim Guard (www.rimguard.biz).
Adam I'm not familiar with "RimGuard" but other weight adding liquids(i.e. calcium cloride) are very corrosive and will soon eat through some valve stems. It will also eat through a rim over time. I've had to toss out several rims due to this. Larry