Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Weekend tractor fun

Chris727
Finally got some time behind the wheel this weekend and thought I'd share some pics. After having over 12" of rain during the wettest October on record, things are finally starting to dry out. Decided to mulch up the leaves. They were pretty deep, the 17GTH-L is attacking them. The leaves tended to just get pushed along by the front of the deck but with several passes it took care of them.

Tractor got really dirty, you should have seen the pre-filter afterwards:O Now I needed to collect the leaves. Got out the B-210 and the lawn sweeper.

Got some big piles.

I usually don't collect or sweep leaves but I had something else in mind this year.

Also discovered that rare "leaf rake carrier" option for the B-Series:D After spreading the leaves on the garden it was time to get out the really fun toy.

This is my "ugly" B-110. I usually use the factory AC 10" plow with a later style brinly hitch, this year I had the orginal hitch, brought the plow closer the the rear wheels probably about 4." Used a front counter weight, no wheel weights, tires are Goodyear 10.5, look just like Super Lugs.

All in all it did pretty well. The ground was a bit wet under the grass mulch. Even though the plow was shiny I had to keep lifting up on the lever to keep the clay from sticking. Turned it over pretty well.

perry
great pics 8D plowing the garden is definitely one of the fun things to do with these tractors. i got my garden plowed under and disc with my two 2010's a few days ago. also got some driveway grading done. been pretty wet here also.

cwm1276
Looks like what I have been doing. Swept leaves and put in the garden a couple weeks ago and tilled them in. Now I have the snowblower on and was sweeping more and just piling my leaves on the garden for spring tilling. My son raked up a pile of leaves and I just hit the pile with the snowblower running. The leaves were flying and then I could sweep them back up. The snowblower is most fun when it 70 degrees out, like last weekend. :D

MPH
Looks like you had a REAL good weekend Chris. Plowing is my favorite thing to do, been known to plant areas just to be able to plow them under. Does look like it was a bit wet, but the winter should mellow them slabs.

comet66
Doing leaves is fun, and I do a ton of 'em. They also make a great blasting medium and leave the underside of the deck blasted clean and ready for storage.

Burntime
I cut em up and drag the sweeper behind. I think its time for a leaf vacuum for me. It is fun, the first 2 times for me...by the 15th dump, not so much:D Nothing like a great cut and all the leaves up while the neighbors place is blanketed though!

gwiseman
Chris-so that's what you've been up to. Kinda wondered about you moving all those parts from one shed to another & spending too much time inside. Much better solution than burning leaves; will help that clay if you do it long enough. Cool pics!

Chris727
Thanks for the complements,
quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
Looks good what is so ugly about it?
I guess I call it the ugly one because I remember it when it still looked like this:

Compared to my better B110:

After some work I had it looking better, its on the right.

Over time the AG tires were added, the chrome replaced with better parts, and over the summer the hood was sanded down and painted, did a rough job though and the color is wrong. On a side note, I couldn't resist doing more plowing this weekend so I found another part of the yard to tear up, this was a small plot of bottom ground, I had an old brinly 8" plow I had wanted to try, got it working after some adjustment, its so small you have to use the leftmost pin hole to keep the in line with the furrow, could have used narrower tires too. I tried it in the creekbottom, plowed like it was butter.

I think I'm finally getting used to setting up these plows, next year I'll have to take part in the local "plow day" with the cub guys.

ZippoVarga
I was wondering the same thing when he said the ugly one. I call Ugly-Alice Ugly-Alice because she's intentionally ugly.....lol. Looks like time well spent!

pungo
It must be rough living in such a congested area with so many Neighbors:drl. I appreciate the Brinly hookup photo,I'm learnin' Looks like you had an exceptionally fun day!

Chris727
Pungo, in general the neighbors are great, though I've been asked not to run any tractors after 9PMC I guess thats actually reasonable. Its not really that congested, the closest town has under 1000 population. I used to live in St.Louis county with a tiny fenced yard, so the 3-1/4 acres is a major improvement.

Sign in to follow this