Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
kenmill1958

Correct Snowblower Application

kenmill1958
Yesterdays question was well answered. Thanks!! My second is concerning the applicability. Both of my machines are Allis wide frames. His blower measures 10in inside deminsion, my frame 11in outside. Do these sleeve around the frame or on the inside or outside??The snowblower I can pick up is a bit of a drive from me in PA a good hour and change. No id tags on it. Owner doesnt know what it fits except that it is for older Simplicity tractors and belt driven. Are these driven off of the front PTO Mid PTO or what?? Is there another pulley type frame that I may be missing or needed??(ie mule drive). Thanks Ken

cwm1276
A 919 would have run the snowblower from the mid PTO, the Ideler pulley that has the spring tightener has 2 tabs a mower position and a blower position. Then a long belt to a small "frame" with 1 pully attached to the tractor and to the blower. The Belt goes all the way to the blower. Nearly any Simplicity blower will fit your tractor with the correct "frame". You just have also watch the pulley size on the blower as they did change them over the years. Also to note you will want a Simplicity belt (don't go cheap) as the belt will take a beating and the simplicities are the best for it. I killed the engine 2 years ago from having plugged my blower! No belt slippage there.

HubbardRA
Nearly any snowblower can be mounted to that tractor. I have a Sears snowblower that I configured to work with my 716H. I also have a Gilson blower that looks like it could be easily mounted on a Simplicity also.