Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower hitch ID please

Simplicity314

I have this hitch and snowthrower without any plates or numbers on it. Want to know what it will fit on. I've seen hitches like this with one pulley on them for mid-PTO running on the 7100 series I think it was. Will this work on a 7016 or LL?
[img]/club2/attach/Simplicity314/hitch00111.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simplicity314/hitch00222.jpg[/img]
Thanks

That's a hitch for a FDT. Should work on the older roundhoods, up through a 3210/3212 Landlord. Certainly needs to be taken apart, rust cleaned off, and checked out thoroughly. BTW, if you need a belt, spend the $$ to get an original Simplicity belt. An aftermarket belt (like the green Gates belts) will do good to make it through one New England winter. The Simplicity belts have many more cords in them, and will hold up to making those 90-degree turns off backside idlers at full throttle.

Is that a 36", or a 42" snoblower? I have that model in a 36" on my 2110. Does a great job. BTW, the pulleys, if you need them, should still be available from Simplicity.

Thanks for the help. The rust isn't actually that bad on the hitch, aside from the flat pulley. The blower, however, is a different story. I forget how wide it is Kenny. I'll measure it tomorrow.

FWIW thats jsut like the hitch I have for my 3314. It fits my 3314 and I ran the belt thru all the pullies but have not used it as the pulley on the blower is bent and damaged. That said I assume it will work for 33## models though I havent run mine yet 90% way there... Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Architectdave
FWIW thats jsut like the hitch I have for my 3314. It fits my 3314 and I ran the belt thru all the pullies but have not used it as the pulley on the blower is bent and damaged. That said I assume it will work for 33## models though I havent run mine yet 90% way there... Dave
This originally came on a 3212 I bought at an auction a few years ago. Paid $22 for the tractor. Had 4 wheel weights, the snowblower, vickers hydro and a newer 16 hp replacement briggs on it. Got the engine running, but it's about as far as I went since the tractor wasn't worth it--and here's why (this is good)... Instead of going through the trouble of buying a 1/2" steel rod and bending it into a lift rod and attaching it to the perfectly-working implement lift lever, the PO of this tractor instead bolted a piece of 1/4" angle iron to the side of the blower then welded the clutch/brake pedal to the frame so the pedal could be used as a fulcrum to lift the blower. There was a piece of chain bolted to the running board that slipped over the angle iron to hold the plow up. Gives new meaning to the term Yankee ingenuity.

Any chance a hitch like the one in this picture could be adapted to fit a 7100 series Simp / 917 Allis?? I realize the FDT's use a 2 pulley system with front PTO and the RBT's use a single pulley and mid PTO. I can make the single pulley mod , no problem. If the basic frame will fit the rest is cake.

I just adapted a hitch like this to fit my 3414 Baron. Really didn't take much work and it runs the blower fine with the original belt. You cut the risers off 3/8" above the axle notches. Then you extend the front of the hitch 2 inches. Should be 8 1/4" between the holes. I believe it is 6 1/4 as pictured. Use something to shift the left pulley back as far is it will go on it mounting shaft. You will need to extend the the right pulley arm so a Tension spring can be added to keep the belt tight. If you can weld you should be able to do this in less than 2 hours. I can add pictures if need be. Chris

Chris, From what you are telling me I believe you are using a front PTO and double pulley hitch. My machine uses a mid PTO and single pulley hitch. I want to take a double pulley hitch , change it to a single as long as it will work with the wide frame 917 Allis.Welding is not an issue . It is wether this type hitch can be made compatable with this tractor.

Yes I do use the front PTO. There was a post on here not long ago about how to change the dual pulley mount to a single pulley mount. It looked pretty easy and there were pictures and measurements.