Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JayM

Landlord Front PTO Question

JayM
Last fall I bought a Landlord 3410H. It has seen changes and modifications during its life - has a 42" snow thrower and 48" deck (I think those were Sovereign sizes, not Landlord?), and someone replaced the engine with a larger B&S, 15 or 16 hp. Runs great with lots of umph, but here's the question. Today I used the blower for the first time. It works great, but the front PTO does not disengage when I pull the control lever back. My first thoughts are an adjustment is needed in the contol linkage, or the front PTO has not been used for a long time and some components are stuck or rusted together. Before I start digging, any suggestions on what to look for first? Thanks for any tips. I love the old girl. She really wants to work, and the almost 3 ft. of snow this month is providing lots of fun. And a P.S., she blows circles around the Bolens G14 I also picked up this fall! Jay M.

Cal
You should be able to see the pto move back and forth as you engage and disengage the pto handle. Do this of course with the engine stopped, You are right to assume that it is stuck some pen. oil around the center and a few taps with a plastic hammer should get the plate to move back and forth again.

CHECK THE BELT GUARD IF IT IS NOT ADJUSTED RIGHT THE PTO WILL NOT ENGAUGE

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• a_sannine
    • Bigstone
    • dhoadley
    • Papermaker
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts