Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord Front PTO Question

JayM

Last fall I bought a Landlord 3410H. It has seen changes and modifications during its life - has a 42" snow thrower and 48" deck (I think those were Sovereign sizes, not Landlord?), and someone replaced the engine with a larger B&S, 15 or 16 hp. Runs great with lots of umph, but here's the question. Today I used the blower for the first time. It works great, but the front PTO does not disengage when I pull the control lever back. My first thoughts are an adjustment is needed in the contol linkage, or the front PTO has not been used for a long time and some components are stuck or rusted together. Before I start digging, any suggestions on what to look for first? Thanks for any tips. I love the old girl. She really wants to work, and the almost 3 ft. of snow this month is providing lots of fun. And a P.S., she blows circles around the Bolens G14 I also picked up this fall! Jay M.

You should be able to see the pto move back and forth as you engage and disengage the pto handle. Do this of course with the engine stopped, You are right to assume that it is stuck some pen. oil around the center and a few taps with a plastic hammer should get the plate to move back and forth again.