Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
neilb1956

engine conversion help

neilb1956
G'day,I'm trying to find some info or advice on putting a 16/18 hp v twin into a 7016, I've seen the info here before but can't find it now,I think I've forgotten how to search properly, or maybe I've killed too many brain cells, cheers Neil

Roy
Neil, Web sites below both offer conversion kits to put v twins in tractors like yours. "www.SmallEngineWarehouse.com" and "http://www.repowereng.com/" Al Eden at Repower Engineering is especially knowledgeable regarding the conversion kit he sells. Several members have also done the conversion on their own but, like you, I'm not sure where to find their posts. Maybe someone else can point you to them. Hope this helps,

ambler
How about narrowing it down to which vtwin, because the solutions are different. Orange One put a vanguard in and Al has a kit for a command.

neilb1956
Thank you for the replies, the engine I have in mind ( in my price range) is an 18 hp vanguard engine, I have tried searching for posts with orangeone as the author, and ticking the archived box, but seem to get all these other posts but not his,I am quite capable of making spacers and the coupling, I really want to find out if I have to start hacking into the bonnet and the chassis, the old 16 hp is getting tired and the starter/genny is giving me grief, the later model eng. seems to be a good idea, but I dont want to destroy the appearance of the machine too much, cheers Neil

kenmill1958
Your definitely going to have to do some rewiring. Your newer eng does not have points/ battery ign. I purchased a kit from Al Eden for my conversion on a 917H. Not quite done yet though.