Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CDeHeer

Wheelhorse Blade Conversion

CDeHeer
Picked up an old Wheelhorse 653 with a springtrip blade. Dumped the tractor and deceided to fit the bladr to my Landlord. Rusty blade / hitch

Chopped it down, Sanblasted, and added some brackets I had waterjet cut from 3/8" steel.

Bent and welded a lift bar from 1/4" x 2" steel

Painted and mounted.

Sticks out a little further than I would have liked but it lifts and works great. I used it to grade my washed out driveway and was very impressed.

HubbardRA
I've done two of those. I did a solid mounted Wheel Horse blade that I gave to my oldest son for his 64 Landlord, and I also did a Bolens spring trip blade which I still have for myself. Both of those blades were given to me, so you can't fault the price.

goatfarmer
Nice job! I remember we had a WheelHorse 800 Special that used that blade. It mounted all the way to the rear of the tractor.

OrangeMetalGuy
Just a thought, you might want to install one of the Simplicity lift rods (the one with the spring) so that if that blade does get pushed up the spring will compress. With the solid rod you could break something.

CDeHeer
Thanks for the compliments. I may try to modify the lift rod to mimic the spring loaded Simplicity version but I was eager to get it working and the wife was sick of bouncing up and down the driveway. I actually planned to use this with the lift lever in the float position but the tab bounces out as soon as I get underway. As for the waterjet, a friend has a shop with 2 waterjets and we trade off projects. I have access to a 500 watt co2 laser and 2 CNC routers. If the materials not a fit for one we trade off. The welder is also a company machine that I've just recently started playing with.

MPH
Access to tools is handy. I'd say you know what to do with them too, good work. Does look a bit long but if it lifts easy might be nice for piling snow berms up higher.

Sign in to follow this