Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

410 shuttle drive

Dark

410 w/shuttle drive well a basket case tractor deck is installed rear end is complete ,motor removed and buried in the ground another kohler in just as bad shape but the guy asked 75.00 for all of it. gotta think if its worth restoring ill get a pic soon but is a 410 shuttle really worth the trouble?

Unless the shuttle is in real good shape, which is unlikely, it's not worth much. Plus only a 10 HP engine, if you do fix it up you won't really have much in the end. IMO

These tractors have good and bad points. Some parts are hard to find, I've been watching for a 400 gas tank for a couple years. I personally like the styling and the feel of driving the 300/400 tractors, they are tanks and pretty unique among the AC garden tractors. I also like the electric PTOs and the right hand discharge decks. The steering leaves a lot to be desired as it has a "Ross" gearbox like JD, Cub, Case, it helps to have a spinner knob on the steering wheel. I think for the price, if the engine has a decent carb, the BGB is fairly good, tires OK, and everything important is there, it would be well worth it to me, at least it would be worth it in parts. I passed on a decent 416-S for $75 and still kick myself.

the guy offering it to me was the son of a ac dealer that closed. the reason he had it still in its basket shape was for parts for his other one that runs. the rear end is in great shape the shuttle complete and working order. engine is off the tractor and in the dirt :(. I don't have a RBT from AC, thought it would be a start just don't know if a 410 is worth the endeavor as far as engine I have Kohlers,Briggs that would fit the chassis (Can fab almost anything). Just mainly asking the club members if a 410 is a worthy machine to restore sm01

• 3 weeks later...
well brought home the 410 today here are some pics

Engines are from a CUB,FORD, and Simplicity,12,12,10 consecutively. I have hopes of re-powering this tank with one of them.

lol, elbow grease and a sand blaster I will be tearing her all down and doing a full restore I may add the light kit also lots of parts for it were not in the pictures but I have a new clutch and coil for it ina box along with several other newer parts I am hopeing it will be worth the month it will take to restore.dOd