Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

212 Front Tires

Chris727
The dust caps can be had at any Simplicity dealer, old part# 154487, new part # 2154487SM For wheels your best bet is used ones, sandblast them and paint them, they will be almost as good as new.

Chris727
The later 7100 and sovereign wheels are available, old part # 171377, new part # 1713177SM. I seem to recall there is some difference between the B-series wheels and the later ones. Hopefully someone else will know for sure. What is wrong with your old wheels?

adamf203
I have a set of turf savers on them now, and I want to put lugs on the front to plow with beacuse the turfs have to turning bite in the winter. I find it easier to get a second set of rims and mount and then just take them off when the season is over rather than having the tires remounted when I change over. Plus I plan on adding liquid ballast so it makes it easier. My parents do the same with the studded snow tires.

TomSchmit
For snow work, you will be much better off using the narrow wheels / tires on your tractor. You can get good, aggressive knobby tires, and used rims will be easy to get - just put up a wanted ad! Tom in Milwaukee

JimH
quote:
Originally posted by adamf203
What size tires do you run on yours...
Adam, These two manufacturers make the tri-ribs you are looking for: Cheng Shin and Vredestein Model V-60 Do a search on those names and you will see who sells them. I am getting ready to order size: 3.50-8 for the front of my '64 Landlord. I believe you have wider rims and you would probably have to use a different size tri-rib. Good luck........

HubbardRA
Firestone (in conjunction with Miller Tire) makes a set of tri-ribs in the 16x6.50x8 size. They are pricey, but the only larger tri-ribs I know of. If you are planning to use the narrow wheels, then I would recommend Rustybore's tire store on ebay. They carry both the 3.50 and the 4.00x8 tri-ribs. So check both Miller Tire and Rustybore's.