Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AGCO918

AGCO Brand Done by 2010 ,2011

AGCO918
The AGCO brand will be done in 2010 or 2011.Makes me sick how AGCO is doing this to us loyal Brand guys. Allis Chalmers has been done since Dec.6 ,1985 but to have your Company names AGCO & to drop your own brand in favor of Massy & Challenger makes no since.Go to Unofficial Allis .com & read all about it under death of AGCO .I have emailed AGCO twice in the last 2 weeks & have told them what i think. The German Ceo needs to go. Brand Loyality means nothing to a company when they change Corp colors to Massy red a few yrs ago.Thought i would give everybody the heads up on here.There are alot of people as mad as me on there.There are other post on the topic just look under AGCO on the headings. I am trying to find a Allis Chalmers Garden tractor more then ever now. Please read on the subject & post your comments on the other website or on here if you want. I am orange with or without the name AGCO. Thank you to everybody on here for this Great Website. It has been hard to hear it on the web for the last few weeks. AGCO 918 Chad Shafer

JimH
Chad, I'm with you on this one also. I've been reading all the posts on the unofficial Allis site also and it is sickning to hear whats suppose to happen. Orange runs deep in my blood also. Agco killed the garden tractor line. Now their killing the ag tractor line. You can't tell me their isn't enough demand for orange tractors. I'm betting it's the marketing people who are screwing things up. Maybe they should have the management at Briggs&Stratton help them out, they know how to bring a name back. my 2 cents.

cwm1276
Sad, Sad, Sad. I was just reading it on www.AllisChalmers.com. If they think they can grow in North America with Massey and Challanger, I think they are wrong. I also checked the closest AC dealer here and see they are selling Massey as well, I also noticed they looked to drop simplicity to just have Massey Lawn Equipement (Which yes, is still simplicity). I remember going with my Dad to our local AC dealer's close-out auction after Deutz bought them for a couple years and they were unable to continue. I really can't see the cost savings since they had already been building Allis, White, and Massey tractors the same for years. The biggest difference looked to be the paint and logos. I hate to say it but I like Deere more and more instead of these games. (Don't hate me for that sm01) But thankfully I am not a farmer so I can stick with my Simple equipment. :D

dentwizz
Green is all about marketing hype when they even have deere baby clothing. Brand recognition 101. Where will that leave the Allis-Simplicity parts distribution?

Chris727
John Deere knows its customers. As Dentwizz mentioned about "Baby Clothing,"Anyone can be a JD customer, whether small homeowner or large acreage farmer. Recently there was even a fad for city teens to wear JD hats, you're not going to see them wear AGCO clothing let alone know what it represents. This is part of why the Deere brand is so strong. I'm afraid AGCO doesn't even know the customers it has. Massey is stong in some regions and is very strog worldwide, but the best hope I see for AGCO in the US market is to bring back "AGCO-Allis." They also have too many "parts only" dealers that sell competing brands like CNH.

BLACKOUT
In Southern Ontario the FENDT (acquired by AGCO in 1997) is becoming more popular in farm fields over the last 10 years. Hence the FENDT tractor is growing the AGCO market share larger and thats what counts to AGCO corporation. You have to produce what sells. I drove AC as a kid and bleed orange, but AGCO's painted orange are phoney AC's anyway. Real AC's where built in 1985 and earlier, I far rather see a old 7060 or 220 Landhandler Allis waring orange, than a newer Agco painted orange workin in a field any way. As long as AGCO supports the parts lines of all the tractor and implement manufactures it has acquired it doesn't matter to me what tractors they produce. I never adopted AGCO as my brand just because they painted them orange. Allis-Chalmers Died in 1985.:)

mendon-chalmers
I think the 190-220 models were the real tractors looks & comfort. I have excepted that ALLIS-CHALMERS is dead, FINALY, but I still want my orange & ALLIS or CHALMERS in the name. I don't farm anymore but when I'm on my B112 I still think of my 220 & on my 1920 the comfort of the XT or the 220.