Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Work In Progress

Roy

This is what my 7013S hood looked like when I got the tractor.

I put another hood on the tractor and kept the hacked up original one. Finally getting around to working on the original. It is a work in progress.

It will have flaws, dents, and lumps when I am finished but will surely look better than it did originally. Body work is a skill I have yet to master. :( Please be patient. It will be a while before I'm finished. Fast Paul is a lot quicker than I am. :D Will never understand why people hack perfectly good tractors instead of fixing them properly. :O :(! :( C

----Will never understand people----- I hear you there Roy. Looks like your well on your way to a challege not sure I would even take on. koko

I will repeat a phrase that I heard SimpleTom say when he saw me painting flames on my hood - "Wow, someone has too much time on their hands". :O However, it does look good and further, that is actually a good project to hone your skills. I have yet to plug my welder in, so don't take that at criticism (I'll save that for the chat room:D). But that is a good idea to get started.

Looks like you are well on your way to an excellent repair. Now what was it cut up for? Clearance for a side term. battery maybe, or to get to the battery with jumper cables? Another item on the ever growing list of things I just don't understand!

Erik, "Wow, someone has too much time on their hands". Do you think??????? :D John, "Now what was it cut up for? Clearance for a side term. battery maybe," That would be my guess but don't really know. Hood and dash tower were hacked in order to stuff in an over-sized battery. Thom, Still riding around with the side of the dash tower missing although I do have a replacement ready to install. One of these days, after the hood is finished, I will install the original seat pan & hood along with the replacement dash tower and original steering gear assembly. Thanks all,

Tim/Ken, Not sure about the final quality but have the taking my time part down pat. Rod, Used a 1/4" die grinder with abrasive disks and/or a 3/4" wire cup brush and a DeWalt pad sander along with lots of patience and perseverance. The DeWalt pad sander works great and does a fantastic job. Could have had it sand or soda blasted but it's cheaper to take the time to do it myself. Thanks all,

Looking very good Roy. Wire welder or stick, and at what amperage? As to not being a bodyman I think you are being modest to a fault.