Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Junior

Vari-shift??? B-112

Junior
I was recently given a B-112 tractor, and upon looking it over, I see that it looks to have originally come with Vari-Shift, but it has been removed and a single, solid pulley put on. Been sitting in a shed for many years. I got it running in about an hour, and it drives well as is, but I was wondering what parts I need to put the drive back to original. I have the quadrant still attached, but no lever, rods or variable pulley. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. JR

JimDk
JR, It's hard to help you when we don't know what you have left of the original drive. My advise would be to try to find a parts tractor and change the complete drive. Sadly, many of the vari-drives are badly worn and some new parts are NLA. That is probably the reason that your tractor was changed. By-the-way, welcome to the club, and you might think about paying the $10 annual dues so you can post pictures and have access to all the club features. If you plan to keep and enjoy your old Allis, it is money well spent. Good luck, Jim