Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
305SS

power steering

305SS
Does any one have TP1150? I have a power steering unit 1692089 that only turns left. You have to fight it to go right. The TP1150 is for servicing the unit but my local dealer can not find it. Thanks

PhanDad
I'm not familiar with that mfg# for a power steering unit for a "sovereign" type tractor. My understanding is there were 2 power steering options made for these tractors: mfg#1691021 and kit #1673686. I have an electronic copy of the info for #1691021 and it's still available from the Simplicity site. I don't have any info on #1673686, but wish I did.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
I have an electronic copy of the info for #1691021 and it's still available from the Simplicity site. I don't have any info on #1673686, but wish I did.
1673686 is the steering motor and part of kit 1691021.

PhanDad
Bob, You're right about #1673686 being a part number for the power steering motor. However, while looking for snowcab mfg #s for qtown7116H, I stumbled upon mfg# 1692856 for the newer power steering kit. This kit has the "steering motor" part, while the older kit does not. 305SS, An instruction sheet is available at the Simplicity manual sight for the newer power steering kit. Maybe it's what you need. I originally got the two numbers from an Al Eden post where he described the two different types of power steering systems Simplicity used for the Sovereign type tractors.

CarlH
I have a printed copy of TP-1150 but not an electronic copy. The title is 'Hydrostatic Steering System - HGF Series Service Procedure'. This is primarily for servicing late the Sovereign and SunStar power steering unit that the steering wheel mounts on. It looks to me that the most economical repair would be to find a used unit, not try to repair yours. There is a parts breakdown in the later Sovereign and SunStar parts books. My guess would be a seal has failed somewhere inside. This unit is made by Ross gear and is called a HydroGuide. I think at one time I found some info on the Web.

1969nicholas
Watch on ebay I found that most of your garden tractors used the same power steering unit.The one I have on my 1995 soveriegn came off a john deer.Joe's outdoor power has them alot.I hope I helped you some. Nick

bsadler
I have a set up manual in pdf for the 1692098. I would be glad to send it to you. I rebuilt my unit with new o-rings. The information I provided is posted on this thread.[url][/url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=98507&SearchTerms=power%2Bsteering[url][/url] If its only turning left it is all in the ram. It could be mechanical or hydraulic.