Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

oversize piston for 10hp briggs

700seven

i have a 72 simp 3410 landlord with a 10 hp briggs motor and need piston help i can only find a .020 over piston and bored the cylinder for that piston but it did not clean up does any one know of a piston they have found that would work if i had to bore out more or is thier a sleeeve available to resleeve the cylinder any info would be greatly welcome thank you 700seven model numbers 243431 0627-01 7210231

rings from jacks small engines :Part# 500116 piston from same :Part# 515312 check these or call they may have them. [url]http://www.jackssmallengines.com/bs_piston_rings.cfm[/url]

Dark, I believe 515312 is not for the cast iron series, but rather are for the vertical shaft aluminum block engines. The bore is too big. The bore sizes listed on the chart do not match the cast iron series. The correct .030 piston for a 243431 is Briggs part # 299088 and is NLA, call around, you might find one still on the shelf somewhere.

thx Chris, I have bought pistons from jacks before but not always from part # usually I bore to what I can find that may work. In the past I have used Machine sizes and specs to custom fit pistons allowing me to find half sizes, In this situation there isn't really a NLA problem.;) Pistons matching.. steel piston/Iron sleeve Aluminium piston/Iron sleeve steel piston/aluminum sleeve But never Aluminium piston /Aluminum sleeve