Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RUMBLEFISH

Fair Price?

RUMBLEFISH
I am looking at a 46" remote angle spring trip plow for my BIG Ten and the guy is asking $175 and wanted to know if its a fair price? Thats if its in good condition. Thanks

sammiefish
really depends how badly or how soon you need one... for me that seems a little pricey but what do I know...&:) Ive been known to drop more than necessary when necessary!! I would recommend doing the research to see what they are going for... check your favorite auction site and look up the asking prices and correlate that to what people are bidding on them... you know you can always wait to find the perfect deal but you may wait forever.... OR, offer what you want to pay, they can always say no... all this is half the fun!! http://home.shop.ebay.com/Yard-Garden-Outdoor-Living-/159912/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A10%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&_nkw=plow&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_pgn=1

Simpleton7016
That is on the high side but not outrageous. In the spring, these go a lot cheaper ($50 to $100). A lot depends on whether or not you want to shovel for one more winter. How bad do you want to play?

TomSchmit
There are more than one on e-bay right now, asking & bidding around $100. If it is complete (both control rods) and nearby, the extra $75 will save you a lot of shipping hassle! Tom

RUMBLEFISH
My problem is I live on long island and land scrapers do all the yards around here. Very slim pickings for anything relating to garden tractors.Very hard to get stuff and the only places are in Ct. Its about a 3 hour round trip thats not bad.

onebadfish
I know not the same plow but I gave $100 for this one 2 weeks ago with both rods and in pretty good shape. I would have gladly paid $175 for it had push come to shove.

UCD
I have said before these plows normally bring between $100.00 and $200.00 Plus depnding on condition and completeness IE control rod. Lack of lift rod doesn't seem to effect price. Good deals are out there and some people are just not aware of what they will bring. The average price is around $150/$175.