Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

landLord Workout

MPH

Had around 8 inches of this white stuff last weekend. My '64 with blade made some nice snow berms

Hadda break through and push the pile back some next to the wood pile. ^

Best get the cab and blower on the B-112 SOON

Marty How do you push the banks back with just the AG tires? I need AG tires, weights, and chains to move my banks back. I start earLy and push the banks back as far as possible with the first snow fall. And as the banks build up I got after them again to push the back. My approach is to hit the banks at an angle. Depending on the size of the bank the blade is either straight ahead or at the same angle that I am hitting the banks. I ususally start the winter using a plow until the ground is frozen then switch to my blower. But it does depend on the amount of snow. Six inches or more I use the blower regardless if the driveway is frozen or not. thanks Rick........

I've had the blower on for a month, no snow yet, maybe I better put mower deck back on From the looks of the ground, it doesn't look like it froze solid there yet. Did you get your shed done ?(Tractor garage)

Thanks for showing us what will be coming in a month or so. They say it's supposedly going to snow more than usual on the east coast this year. Some say more than double normal. That probably means we won't get much snow.

----with just the AG tires?------ It's them Firestones Rick, haven't had to put the turfs with chains on since I got them, though I must admit I maxed them out on first pass in the 8ish inches anytime I was going uphill. Hadda back up and hit it again a few times. Once them snow berms set over night it's harder to move them. No shed done Ron, got the roof on, cleaned up around it and went back to work, it sits empty.B):( Double normal snow fall Bill??? I'd say keep the deck on, your gonna have to mow the yard for Christmas:D

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
I've had the blower on for a month, no snow yet, maybe I better put mower deck back on From the looks of the ground, it doesn't look like it froze solid there yet. Did you get your shed done ?(Tractor garage)
It's coming close to a month for me too. Been kindof wierd sweeping leaves with the blower and chains. I sure won't get stuck :D

I just mowed my yard again last week. I know the snow kharma is coming, as is evidenced by posts like this. The plow is on over here now too8D

Yikes...snow! I just did the last mow, cleanup of the leaves yesterday, switched the gear over to plow blade and got the blowers running. Still neeed to put chains on both machines....lets hope the east coast prediction is bunk!

nice play time marty ^. im not ready yet for snow. ive been working this week getting a few tractors ready to plow, but they are not done yet. still trying to figure out what other tractors to use.

I can't wait for the snow. I want to play with my 2010. I'm thinking it will be an awesome machine for the plowing. With the 16hp and the loaded ag tires, no stopping it.....:D

Keep that stuff up there will 'ya!? I am not looking forward to the inevitable snow that comes with winter. I much prefer mowing the green grass!:p

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts