Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Simplicity 7016H Hydro Question---

LesH
I have the Simplicity 7016H Hydro tractor. I should use Dexron II transmission fluid-- how much?? I should use what brand/ part number for the hydro filter?? I want to keep this nice tractor . it is a heck-uv-a good puller!!! Thanks.

OrangeMetalGuy
Yes Dexron II is the right fluid. Download the service manual, it will tell you how to check the level and change the fluid. If you just got the tractor, I would drain and change the fluid and install a new filter. Use the real Simplicity filter, not a Fram or something else that will happen to screw onto the base. Not cheap, but worth the money. The Sundstrand hydro takes approx. 3 quarts I think. Also, drain and refill the BGB while you are at it.

OrangeMetalGuy
Simplicity says (per the manual) every 400 hours you should change the filter. If I just got a tractor I would change it and the fluid so I would know they were fresh. Don't know about the 7112, maybe somebody else has info.

UCD
Tractor Discussions Answers to Commonly Asked Questions Transmission & Gearbox Lubrication Charts http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22258