Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ka9bxg

rbt mid drive blower

ka9bxg
Any body ever run a snow blower off the mid drive on a running board tractor? I have a few blowers here and I would like to try it . Let me know how it works.

RickS
Depending on the tractor, some run the blower of the mid PTO. The 7000 series use the front PTO. the 7100 series use the mid PTO. A few members have converted a 7000 series to use the mid PTO. If you do a search you should be able to find a write-up or two that talk about the conversion. The only downside I know about is the price of the long belt. I have both and don't really notice a difference I could tie to the PTO used. One of my tractors is a 7012H and the other is a 7118 so much of the difference I feel is the extra horsepower. Rick........

Ronald Hribar
I have done both on my former 7120 (20hp Magnum) I had and electric clutch on the front and the normal mid pto I felt the mid pto is the way to go. I tried this because my mid pto was slipping. put the new clutch lining in and went back to mid pto.

Storm7012
I've ran mine off the mid PTO from the beginning. My 7016 has a front PTO, but I got the blower with a 7012 I had and it was set up this way. I never thought it was worth changing. It works good.

ka9bxg
I am thinking of putting it on a 3012 with 16 hp briggs.I have to look at the pulley size to see how that will work.I just made a hitch for the 7116 and am thinking about putting one on a 3012. Belt for the 7116 was $60 hope it lasts the season.Bob

Ronald Hribar
if the pulley on mount and the pulleys on the mid pto are correct. There should be no problem The only time mine came off is when I wrapped garden hose around the auger

drewa10
I use the mid pto on my Allis 910 and even though it's a bit underpowered she works great. As we all know the wetter the snow the more difficult it is to throw it.