Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JordB110

Smokin' Landlord cont.

JordB110
I have a 1999 Landlord 18hp/50''. Since the last post (#3710) it will not run right. When the mower is engaged and then moved to full throttle, it will miss & sputter until it gets up to speed. Once up to speed it will not run smoothly. It won't even idle smoothly under no load. I just sharpened the blades and cleaned the under side of the deck. What can I do to get it running right again? Thanks, Jordan.

John_RI
Nope Jordan thats not normal at all. YOU might try pulling the spark spugs out and replacing them to see what happens they might be fouled?? Sometimes in a case like this you might call your local Simplicity dealer and ask to talk to the service manager and explain to him what this new of a tractor might have wrong with it. I for one don't have enough experince with the newer ones to help trouble shoot your problem as you have tried everything that I would of other then checking the spark spugs. Hopefull someone else will come to your rescue this post with for advise then what I have to offer. Best of luck to you, >>->happyjack<-<<

JordB110
Thanks HappyJack, I thought about checking the plugs but I didn't think they would be bad already. I'll try to get to it today but I'm going to a wedding. Will post ASAP. Jordan

Pull off the covers and check the flywheel key. See if it may have been bent but not sheared. Sounds like it may be a timing problem.

BradW
These machines have 2 year waranty's on them, I'd be sure to see if it is still valid on your machine, if so, have the dealer check it out, also, does it only do this from idle, what about ful throttle? thanks and good luck,-BradW