Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Briggs Vanguard Help Needed

grnlark
I agreed to take a look at my neighbors generator because he said he couldn't get it started. Well, it turns out it wouldn't start because he failed to turn the fuel shutoff valve on :D The generator is basically brand new and has a 14hp Briggs Vanguard twin. When I finally got it started, it runs mint, but pisses fuel out of this black thing pictured below. I've never claimed to be a mechanic, so bare with me here. What is this black thing and why would it be pissing fuel? It squirts fuel out in a constant stream as the engine runs from the teeny hole I have highlighted by the arrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Matt

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by osenga
Well to me it looks like that would be the fuel pump> But never said i am right . but looks like one i took off a brigg before
Ditto, pulse pump, fuel.

powerking_one
Matt, The fuel squirting out the hole means the diaphram is breached and the pump is bad (the pump is not serviceable) and needs to be replaced. Tom (PK)

grnlark
quote:
Originally posted by powerking_one
Matt, The fuel squirting out the hole means the diaphram is breached and the pump is bad (the pump is not serviceable) and needs to be replaced. Tom (PK)
Thanks Tom! Thats what I had figured. I ordered a new pump from Jack's yesterday. $22 - not bad at all. Thanks again!