Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller Tines

xenon172

i have emailed them because i have a tiller with no tines on it. if new ones are cheap enough, i will get a set, although i am trying to sell the it. so far i have recieved a query as to where i am (Tampa)so my local rep can contact me and another reply asking how many holes in the tines (from a different person) because it's the day before the holiday, i dont expect this to go any further until monday

I know this company. Very reputable, and eager to help. The President of Lacal personally ordered the blades for my 48" deck. If you have any problems (which I doubt), let me know. I'll be asking them about tines, too. Lacal is about 1 mile from my house. Their main business is Street Sweeper parts. They can get about any bearing, gear, sproket, shaft, etc., known.

i just got a reply from my local rep. he says he can't find any tines that will fit the Simplicity tiller. i wonder wether any of the competing tractor brands used the same part?

Be sure you get the right length for your tiller. There are two different sizes of tines used, the 32" uses a very common tine similar to many walk behind tillers, the 36" tiller uses a larger tine to account for the greater width.

• 2 weeks later...
Gary, i decided that i am not going to get the tines for that tiller. i am going to sell it as is. i put new bearings in it and that's enough. thanks for offering to go to the factory, thou. but if you do find out what tines to order, there may be other club members who might want the info. and i would pass it on to whoever buys this tiller. i keep looking at stuff i want to get out of the yard and tell myself that it would go quicker if i cleaned and restored it. then i have to talk myself out of that because i have things i am keeping that need it more. vicious cycle!