Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Turbo Vac

haykarenhardy

I am looking at a used Turbo Vac off a 48" 5216. My Question is will it fit a 42" 712. I also have a 48" deck on a 7116 and a 42" off a 7114. I do not have any mfg numbers from the turbo vac and do not know if they were all the same. Only the turbo vac blower is for sale, I would have to find or fabricate the parts to hook up the leaf catcher. Thanks Stan

The model number on the turbo vac is 1691998 the problem I think you will have that all your tractors have a left hand discharge and this is off a left hand..

There are many mfgs for turbo vacs. I've only seen a couple, and they look pretty much the same - except for the mounting brackets. I would think the biggest difference would be right vs left discharge, but I'm sure there are other differences. The 48" "sovereign" style turbo vac is mfg #1692257. There are some markings on the parts for 42" use, so it might be able to be used for a 42" deck also. Maybe someone can tell you the mfg# for a 5216 turbo and you can compare parts. If the turbo is close by, I'd see how well it would fit into your deck opening and what the mounting brackets look like. The unit sits on a special stone guard and hangs from a top bracket. Check the parts info to see exactly.