Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
captainweezy

720 rear pto question

captainweezy
I have realized finding a tiller is next to impossible for the 720 because of the female type pto. Has anyone ever heard of an adapter for these? I have found a cat. 0 tiller but it was for a male shaft. If i knew they made one I would jump on it.

osenga
i would say so but not sure the 720 I bought the guy would not sell the tiller with it and i was not for the 720 it was a 5ft tiller is all i know like what you would run on the ford 4000 if this any help

Ronald Hribar
I believe that the SunStar had a spined shaft that could be used to convert the 720's female pto into a male one. Ithink there is a polite name for this piece

D-17_Dave
The Cat-O/splined shafts are designated this way to prevent adaption to an incorrect drive. These are 2000RPM attachments, therefor anything you try to hook up should be capable of this rpm or destruction of either the attachment, the tractor, or yourself could result. All this said, normally a tiller isn't that hard to find. There are also some other brands, Deere, Snapper, and I think Wheel Horse all had a version of the Cat-O/2000 RPM attachments as this was the norm when these tractors were made. I've found reasonable good luck buying complete tractors and attachment packages to get all the attachments I wanted. I have a shaft made to insert into the pto drive of a 620 that gives me a stubby splined shaft to add a female coupling to. I'm going to use this to drive my leaf vac adapted from a Sunstar. The snow blower drive shaft uses this same setup also. Ron, is UNISEX the word you were looking for??