Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hard steeing B 112

Bunky

I have a B112 and it seems to steer hard i have greased it and still seems hard i also have a 3210V and it steers easy, could the differenc ebe that the 112 has the wider tires ?

I have a 7119 that steers hard and also a 7018 that steers easy. They are basically the same except possibly for engine weight. I can't figure why they are different. The 19 is a twin and the 18 is a single. Can't imagine that they are more than 30 pounds apart, and both tractors have wide tires. Low front tire pressure will effect steering and spring tension in your differential, if set to high, will act like a solid axle and have to scoot the outside tire on a turn. That could be the difference in mine. Although the 7119 was hard to steer even before I increased differential loading. bobjack

My 7012 with wide tires steered easier than my 7010 with narrow tires (both had pressure at 15 lbs.) until I did the following. Jack up the front axle to eliminate tire width and pressure as a possibility. Disconnect drag link to seperate resistance in steering shaft and gears from resistance in king pins. Lubricate upper and lower steering shaft bushings. Clean all debris, dust, sand, etc. from sector and gear. Check for loose attaching bolts. Check sector and gear adjustment. Check for binding. Disconnect tie rod. Lube king pins as each wheel is being turned. Check for binding. Now both mine steer easy.

Mike, there are replaceable bushings in the tie rod,can get from sandylake impl. Now if your tie rod is worn out of the bushings like mine, haven't fixed that bridge yet. MPH

Dutch, I agree. I have gotten several to steer easier with clean up and lubrication. The one other is if the tie rod connections are so worn that the wheels are significantly "toed out". Mike S.

loosen up the drag link bolts try that I pulled apart my b-110s front axle and i overtightened these bolts and Had to loosen these so it would steer easy