Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 Pics (More Pics added 12-6)

bud119195

Got some pics of the 725 I recently bought

As you can see in the next picture they kind of hacked thing up to make 9hp fit so I redid the generator bracket and patched the hood

I also had to find a shorter air cleaner

And I found a set of 23x8.5 tires for the rear

After my son takes hood to school and finishes the hood I will start tearing it apart for repaint. What color orange do you guys use on these since someone painted this one red I cant figure out a decent color

Got hood patched and welded. Not to bad for a first year freshman welder.Now its time to find a sand blaster for the whole tractor

The original colour should be showing on the underside of the hood and or the seat pan.Automotive paint dealer can scan colour and reproduce for you.

Many people use Duplicolor Chevy Orange DE1607. There is also a ford color that comes close. I think its vermillion red?

Very similar color to "Powder Orange". I would get a new powder orange spray can and have the car shop match. Or, you could pay a bit more and get Simiplicity branded by the quart from the dealer.

Duplicolor DE1607 is the way to go. I can't find the picture but I parked my puller next to a mint unrestored 725 at the Sussex show and the color was almost exact. Tom