Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Two years later, but it's finally up

grnlark

I bought a used 2 post hydraulic lift about two years ago when I was building my new garage. It was dark blue and needed a good cleaning. So, I went a little crazy. I completely disassembled it, sanded everything down, primed it and painted it red. My friend Bob (Buickgsman here) sprayed the red for me. We're lucky the DEP didn't show up that day :D. I got the new decals on last night and just have to paint the arms and connect the 220. It's taken a while, but it's almost done.

quote:
I can only wish for that one, I don't have the overhead clearance. jh
Yeah, I'd first need a garage.... Definately on my wishlist when I do get one! Rick

Nice set up and great work refurbishing the lift. The car (what we can see anyway) looks sweet too!! Nosy me but the trophys on the shelf are for.........? Just curious. Greg

Good for you! I love my two post. No way I'd ever give it up. You have to pull forward enough to get the door open, leave it in neutral so you can roll it back to set the pads, then everything underneath is wide open access. Just about takes longer to set up the torch than to install a complete exhaust system.

if i had that i would live in my garage...that would come in handy for putting lifts on jeeps instead of laying under them...nice car!!

Michiganmobileman, the trophy's were from a few local cruise nights I went to with the '55 Buick last summer. This summer I didn't get to any shows because my son was born in July and well, you know how that goes... sm00 Architectdave, believe it or not, the manufacturer (Challenger) only calls for a 5 inch floor, which in my opinion is insane. When I had the floor poured, I dug two footings under where the lift pads are 2' wide x 2' long x 2' deep with rebar reinforcement. Then the floor concrete is the fiber reinforced. Each lift post is bolted to the floor with six 3/4" x 5.5" Red Head concrete expansion bolts. I don't think it's going anywhere - hopefully. :D

Thanks for the info. Thats kind of what I thoughtdOd. Dont worry the little ones keep you real busy for the first few years then all of a sudden they are big enough that you can put them to work right along side yourself. Our son (29 this fall) had simple tools in his hands early with me and was good at using some of them before he started kindergarten. Have fun with him and let the kid get dirty:D, they wash up well;). Greg

Nice job on the hoist! Soon, you'll have a bunch of 'friends' that need 'favors', just like when you first get a pick up or a car trailer etc... The Buford looks sweet too and I love the license plate! Does the DMV in CT let you legally run the old plate?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• airgunner
    • mbsengineer
    • BLT
    • bsadler
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts