Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint ..... again

Bailey

I know this is an old topic ... I think I've read 100 posts before, but I've got to ask. I'm repainting an early 70's 7010. Tried using the rustoleum chevy engine paint and it's definitely too orange. Is the duplicolor de1607 more red? Thanks,

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking for a 7000 you'd want more of an orange then red. But the 1607 is a red orange. I used it on my LL and like the color.

I painted one side of the back fenders and it seems too orange compared the the paint that had been under the seat, protected from fade/abuse. It did seem closer to the paint on my 7100 series though. All in all it looks pretty good, just not quite as red. Thanks for your input .....

Any Simplicity dealer can get the correct paint. Rather expensive though. I use the powder orange on my old tractors. You can get it in spray can or by the quart. BOB

on my deck for my 7012 i used allis chalmers orange and it was a pretty close match...it just to forever to harden....i think these tractors are more orange than red imo...