Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
pungo

New Blade! To me, anyway.

pungo
Simple700 was kind enough to sell me a 46 inch dozer blade,she is in nice condition and will work well for the snow I'm expecting,as well as to grade for my shelter into barn improvements next year.

Messing aroundsm01

He was kind enough to show me an original adjustment rod,with the articles Posted here recently I don't think it will be a big problem making one.Next Spring I intend to paint it the right color}:) but she is ready for service as is for now.The Hydrolift holds, that is good news!Now if I can only find a Snowcab and be the only one on the block using one to the envy of all my Southern neighbors and friends!

sbull78
what a nice machine!!!i have the same blade and love it...my 2012 is a good match for that size blade....although when i raise the blade all the way up the hitch arom that connects to the lift rod will hit my front axle and not allow my to lift it anymore, it is still plenty high but i guess i'm not too worried..anyhow, very nice!!!!

pungo
SBULL, I think I read somewhere the blade is supposed to lift 9 inches,but now you have me worried,I'll have to check if mine is doing the same thing.

pungo
You know Bud,at first I really hated the looks of the Stock seat and always liked the sprung seats like on the Sears Suburbans.The seat is comfortable, the more I use it the more I like it. BUT, for some reason the stock seat started to intrigue me, so I ordered 4 new rubber/metal seat mount cushions(surprised they were still available,from Jacks,4 bucks a pc.They came in Briggs and Stratton bags,maybe it is a universal Part# 157094). I also have a White version of the Ebay Cover on its way(discussed here recently)the Ebay Seller Bakt4kids said other colors were available but I guess he had to custom make this one cause it ain't here yet:(.I liked the white Wonderboy seat color and guess I just have to be different. I'm gonna beadblast the seat pan,prime and paint with 1607, then cut and trim some dense foam to the shape of the cover and glue it in. Maybe I will take pics of the process in case anyone is curious.When you install the seat mounts a bolt/nut head sticks up and it must take some good foam to keep this from rubbing your butt raw. I hope it is comfy after all this trouble but I'm keeping my Pan with spring just in case.

lawboy987
Phil how much snow you expecting we'll have this year? I haven't seen enough snow around these parts for a blade in a long time. Personally I've got my leaf blower ready.:)

pungo
John, you just get ready, we will get some decent snow this year.I will admit though I just got this to play with:IHowever,I did get a little irritable a few years back when I couldn't get out of my crummy driveway(I think we had 7inches) and asked a neighbor to plow me out(said the tires on his Redbelly were shot and they were).I'm still gonna lay out of work when it snows cause I like to! Steve, I was saying the seat covers on Wonderboys are white( none of the Landlords I am aware of are white)and I like the look.I received the cover yesterday from the E-bay guy who made me one in white and I am really impressed,heavy vinyl,GREAT padding,these things are a deal for 25 bucks!They are fitted for the wider pan on the 2010 style tractors(Bakt4kids I think is the Seller) Steve, the Wonderboy seat pan looks to me like a standard sized seat pan used on a 1000 different tractors,the covers you would get in white for say a Ford Redbelly 8n should look really close.

Vassal
What's all this talk about cushy seats with springs and stuff? Am I missing something? I thought all of us tractor guys were hard [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]??
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3354/3493987739_07c7aed921_o.jpg[/img]
sm06sm06sm06sm06sm06sm06

JimH
quote:
Originally posted by Vassal
What's all this talk about cushy seats with springs and stuff? Am I missing something? I thought all of us tractor guys were hard [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]??
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3354/3493987739_07c7aed921_o.jpg[/img]
sm06sm06sm06sm06sm06sm06
Mike, what did that seat originally come off of? I'm looking for one like that for a tractor project.

Vassal
Jim, sorry I can't help much, I'm not real certain what the machine was. One day at work, I came across the half buried remains of a piece of something in a remote wooded area of a forest preserve. I think it might have been a horse drawn implement of some sort but I really have no idea. My untrained eye decided it was some type of seeder as it had the remains of some rather weird looking mechanisms on it. I wanted to grab the whole thing, but that was impractical due to the location, so I settled for the seat. Some day I hope to return to it a get some photos.

Sign in to follow this