Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B10Dave

Counter balance weights for Big10

B10Dave
Hi guys. I am looking for the dimensions and weights of the counterbalance sleeve weight to balance my snowblower and the front mount weight to balance my tiller. I would like to make my own up but want to make them look close to original. Does anyone have clear diagrams and specs. for either or both weights? Thanks in advance for the help.

BLT
To do it correct is an engineering calculation. The other way is to get a bar long enough for the rear hitch and add donuts of steel where the ease of lifting is comfortable to you. Other pwoplwe will chime in, I'm sure.

dentwizz
I find a 2 inch spacer on a pipe, then 70 lbs of barbell weights makes enough for a comfortable lift on the rear. It takes a bit more to make it neutral but neutral is not always preferred for breaking hard snow.

John_RI
Hi Dave, Here's a rear weight that is 'stuck' so I can't show it all to you. Obviously what's missing is the rod that goes into the receiver which I'm sure you can figure out. I also have a doughnut weight that slides onto this 3" x 10". (I can get dimensions & pic over the weekend if desired) I use the single weight for my snow plow, but, I expect you might want the additional doughnut weight for a blower.
[img]/club2/attach/John_RI/DSCN5233.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/John_RI/DSCN5234.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/John_RI/DSCN5235.JPG[/img]
Good luck!

B10Dave
Thanks guys. Pics and suggestions have answered all my questions. Special thanks to FastPaul and John RI for showing pics with tape measures in them. I can now buy proper round stock and make authentic looking weights. This club is so helpful and I appreciate all of you very much.