Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Something really has to be ready to freeze over..

BLT

....as this is the first time in my almost 70 years that the weather and ground stayed warm enough to get one last shot with the riding mower. Never ever, can I remember mowing in December in this area. The temperature hit 56 deg F, 20 more then normal and no snow. Twenty more days and they start getting longer again.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/B4HFreezes.jpg[/img]

i took my deck off a month ago and now have a furry lawn...hey blt, if u happen to trailer that thing to illinois stop by and give mine a quick cut!!!lol!!!

My deck has been off for close to 2 months. The tiller went on for a short time, then the snowblower went on. If nothing else I tried to scare the snow away :D) At least I got to put the blower on when it was like 70 degrees out. 8D

I just mowed green grass Saturday, and what I didn't cut off with a mower deck got pushed over with the blade as a new building is in the works of going in before too long. The funny thing is November 14, I was blading 6 inches of snow and slush.

I remember a few years back around here it stayed around the 40's even past Christmas with no snow. That had to be 4 or so years ago.

I have to get the walk behind out. I'm having problems keeping the belt on my Grandsons Broadmoor. After the original(to me) one broke, the new Simplicity one does not stay on. It is also shorter than original one. So the Toro comes out.

Just took the mower deck off and the leaf vac off the weekedn before thanksgiving thats when all the leaves had left the trees. no sign of snow here in Maine yet....

I noticed something unusual over the weekend while cleaning out my garage. I have an asphalt driveway about 35" long with a small incline down near the street. I moved the tractor out onto the lawn while I was working in the garage. When I went to move the tractor back into the garage, I had NO traction on the asphalt with the blower raised.

I think the spacing on the chains is too close. I bought the "double link" chains. We'll see how the thing works when loaded,,,, sooner than later, I hope!!

You need more weight. That blower is heavy compared to the tractor. Heck they are all heavy! Have an extra big breakfast and you should be fine!:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• tripleguy
    • GregB
    • airgunner
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts