Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Does anyone know what this tractor is?

grnlark

I pulled this out of the weeds last night and have no idea what it is. The prior owner says it's an old Murray but I can't find any info online at all. Thanks, Matt

The guy claimed it was an old Murray, but I don't know if I agree. I can't find any info on any vintage Murray's. I know it's not a Panzer because I already have several of those, and I know it's not a Wheel Horse because coincidentally this guy also had a RJ58 Wheel Horse and I stuffed that on the trailer too. :D I just have no clue what it is. The only thing that kinda stinks is that the tranny is pretty locked up, the motor is a later model Tecumseh that's wasted and the steering linkage is pretty frozen. I'd like to get it apart and see if I can salvage the tranny and rear (which is just a chain drive sprocket on an axel). I just thought it was cool looking. $150. The jury is still out if I threw my money down the toilet or not...

The tractor is a Lambert. There is an article in the latest issue of Lawn and Garden Collector Mag. The tractor featured looks just like yours it is powered by a 6hp Tecumseh. Thats a pretty neat and rare tractor you have there.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeG
The tractor is a Lambert. There is an article in the latest issue of Lawn and Garden Collector Mag. The tractor featured looks just like yours it is powered by a 6hp Tecumseh. Thats a pretty neat and rare tractor you have there.
Someone on mytractorforum said the same thing. I didn't even know that magazine existed. I looked at the website and think I'll subscribe for sure. Does anyone have the magazine or a picture of it they can scan. I'd like to see it/read the article.

I'll tell you what - this tractor has created quite a stir in mytractorforum - I've gotten several private messages with offers sm00 I was going to originally launch it, but now I'm not sure. Just what I need - another tractor :D One guy says it's a Lambert Model 666. I'd love to find some info on it. There appears to be NOTHING online that I can find.

You can get "LAGC Magazine" on ebay. I just subscribed 2 months ago. If It was me I would try to sell it for the highest bid and the money made would go to my other tractor fund. Just my 2 cents:D

Well look at that....mystery solved! Thanks for posting the pic. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a back issue. It really is a cool looking little tractor. Turns out they ran a Borg Warner T-92 transmission which was used in Speedex tractors and on some Jim Dandy's as well. Someone also said they used these trannys in old Crosleys. I'm pretty sure I'll need to locate a replacement, so if anybody knows of one or happens to hear of one for sale, please keep me in mind. Thanks

I had an old Windolph crawler that used the same transmission and tracked down a Crosley messageboard that had a couple shops that rebuilt the transmissions. Something like $200 plus core if I remember. Google should turn up something for you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • PRMax9020
    • Ronald Hribar
    • lt-scir
    • AC710
    • WardM
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts