Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Info on Simplicity 3008

I just bought a Simplicity 3008. From what I can tell it is from the Mid-70's. I just joined the club and am starting my research. I will be contacting the company for manuals and such. Does any one have any other information that you can share? I seem to be having a problem getting the deck high enough for my lawn. I like to cut it tall and even with the deck raised, it is still too short. Thanks in advance.

JeffNemes
3008 is like a second generation Broadmoor. If the height adjust is cranked all the way up then you need to check the front to back pitch of the mower blades - they tend to pitch down in the front after a while and actually the front blade needs to be about 1/4" higher than the rear blade. 2 3/4" is about the highest you will be able to get it to cut.

Thanks Jeff, I will check the pitch. I am actually now cutting the lawn with the deck raised. The height is okay, but I still like it 3 inches high after cutting. I can live with 2 3/4. If they are pitching down instead of up by 1/4", how do I adjust them? Paul