Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jfrank1962

Freebie.....

jfrank1962
This Troy Bilt tiller was given to my father by one of his neighbors. He told my father it "just quit while he was using it", and that he was tired of messing with it.

After a little tinkering I think we found out why it "just quit while he was using it"

There was very little oil (sludge) in the motorsm00 Looks like it will get recycled for parts now.;)

dav
used one of those for years, until i got a tiller for my Big Ten. when i made the move from up north to the sunny south it was sacrificed to make room in the truck for a Landlord 101. evenually bought a yardsale crapsman tiller for the small stuff. my brother had the troybuilt chipper/shredder. it threw the rod as he was moving it about the yard. the rod, or at least the chunk of metal from the block, passed between his legs. a new motor gave it another 6 or 7 years of life. the same lady who got my tiller has his shredder and uses both. over all, a good brand of machines. i dont notice many down here in florida. not too many simplicity's or A-Cs, either

dav
went to the box store this afternoon. after having commented about not seeing troy bilts here, there was a long line of them outside the building that i have never noticed before. that's probably because they are behind the line of green things. or maybe i'm just blinded by this florida sunshinesm04