Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

OK, whos NOT ready for winter...

Burntime

I'm not ready. I plowed the garden under last weekend. The plow is still on the Big Ten and they are calling for snow tonight. Flurries and possibly an inch but our first snow non the less. I'm hoping that if I stay "not ready", we'll get more snow. :D

me either... going for record in SYR most days between 1" snow now is like 283 days without 1" snow... but the non manual lift tractor is showing promise of getting ready!!! It might actually run!!

I have 2 tractors, should I equipt one with a blade and the other with cab and snowthrower or both run snowthrowers? Decisions, decisions...:D

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
I have 2 tractors, should I equipt one with a blade and the other with cab and snowthrower or both run snowthrowers? Decisions, decisions...:D
If it is left up to you, it will never get done So let your wife do it the proper way, eany, meany , miney moe.:D:D:D

Last couple years didn't provide much snow and Dad has a JD walk behind blower, my garage door always freezes to the ground so I can't get out the tractors:( Last year I scored a nice B-series snow cab, would like to try it sometime. I would say run one blower tractor and one blade tractor, at least around here we get 2 kinds of snow, most of which the blower will not work with (too wet).

Not Ready, however, I have one tractor that is without implements, so she would be ready pretty quick. I did change the oil in all me tractors pr8to 10-30 synthetic :D. jh

Thats todays project, after fixing the leaking outside water shut off. I usually run a HD angle from the seat blade on the 716-6spd. Use rubber strip chains and about 150Lbs of suitcase weights off the back. Along with wheel weights and my bulk. I also mount the 42" blower on the 917, with two Wheel horse "Tombstone" Weights, mounted on the extra leaf vaccume mount. Maybe this year I'll even get to rig up the Cab I picked up :D The Big ten below, I'll get out in winter only if the piles get deep :O

Not even close to ready....Just got done with harvest,cleaning equipment up and putting it away. Need to get the blade on the 4020 and the generators on two of the FDTs...

Not ready at all, haven't even started anything in 2 months. Work has had me traveling to Cleveland for the last 12 weeks. I see there are flurries out the window right now. It will probably be the first snowfall that I'll get out and mount up a blade or blower.

Not really ready but close enough. Looks like snow for today but not enough to worry about. Only tractor ready for winter is our Gravely. The ACs will be under cover for the duration of this winter

Sitting here watching the snow come down and not even worrying about it. Now that I have the EF1D, I have the deep snows covered. One AC tractor still down, and the other with mower and vacuum on it. I may get up enough motivation to get the second tractor up an running or to pull the 61 Wards out of hibernation and set it up for pushing snow. This snow just looks so pretty, why would I want to mess it up with a tractor? Sure is nice to be retired and not have to go anywhere.:D

-------Sure is nice to be retired and not have to go anywhere-------- That's cruel to most of use Rod. Though I totally agree with you since normally I'm unemployed/unemployable this time of the year. Tractor wise I'm ready, B-112 with blower and '64LL with blade. Heat wise guess not, have plenty of wood but gotta be hoe to burn it, got home last night after my week of being gone to find the Toyostove not working, house was 32 degrees, maybe a night away from freeze up.C

Ready here in Oshkosh, with snow coming in the next few days! Allis 810 with blade, 616 with blower. First year blowing with the little guy, can't wait to see how it does! Steve