Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
OrangeMetalGuy

Tractor time

OrangeMetalGuy
Well got some tractor time in, had the first snow of the season. 3-5" very wet. Allis did great, even without the chains on. The tires I have on now seem to do much better in wet snow than the ones I was using last year. No pics, too dark out.

Terry_Hart
It is snowing here in CT now. I don't think we will get much. I am ready early this year, put the blower and chains on and changed the fluids when it was still warm out. So I figure since I am ready I won't get to use it.

OrangeMetalGuy
It's gonna get down in the 20's tonight so rather than have frozen gunk all over I plowed it. At least, it was a good-enough excuse for me.

steve-wis
here in northeast Wisconsin supposed to get 2-4 inches over Sunday night to Monday, and then maybe 6-9 inches Tuesday night into Wednesday. Have the little 616 ready to blow with blower, chains, and weight on, and also the Allis 810 ready to plow with blade, chains and weights. Will be first time using the 616 and looking forward to it. Used the Allis with blower last winter and worked great. After this winter, I will decide which one I want to use long term and hopefully build a cab for it next summer. Steve