Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HTews

Roto-Tilling Question

HTews
I have a B-10 that I Till with. I bought the tractor last year so this is the first year that I have really used the Tiller. Is there a way to make the Tiller "Float". My hand and thumb get rather tired holding the release button on the lift lever down while I till. Any help in this matter would be great. Thanks in advance for your help Howard

SmilinSam
Have you tried adjusting the clevis on the end of the lift rod? If you move it in towards the tractor you will get a higher lift on the tiller and then it might not catch in the catches while in operation. I'm guessing it is set so your tiller does not lift very high( therefore you will be tilling deeper). This is really the only adjustment I know of that you can play with till you find a happy medium. I have used the older tractors to till with and have never had this problem. You just sit back and watch the lift lever swing back and forth while you till. If yours is a 3300 series Simplicity/700 series AC or newer, and you have a solid lift " rod", you need to replace it with a cable setup which is what they are supposed to have. I have seen some newer ones where the owner had a rod in place of the cable and I cant see where it would be to great to work with. Sam