Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower Question

joelk

I have a 42" snowblower and got is set up yesterday on my 3112. Watching it run I noticed at the bearing opposite the chain driven side, there is a collar (I think that's what it is) that is slipping on the shaft. It would turn some, then stop, then turn some more. Is this something to be concerned about? If so how can I fix it? PS this site is awesome. I recently applied the peanut butter jar trick to the gas gauge, and it is as good as new.... except for the poor glue job. Thanks for all your help.

The collar is eccentric on the bearing you turn the collar counter to the bearing. One hole in collar is to use a punch to turn the collar to tighten on the shaft and you lock it with the set screw.

Hello bigdog46, I don't have the link, but the concept is very simple. Usually the plastic gas cap cover becomes so yellow that you cannot read the gauge any more. By breaking out the old yellow plastic, usually the guage E ... F is still pretty clean. You need to replace the plastic cover, and an easy method is to take an old peanut butter jar (plastic) and cut the center out of the bottom to fit in the gas cap. Then just glue it in to the cap. It is suggested that you put a pin hole in the cover to allow the tank to vent. It looks pretty good when you are done.