Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Someone bought a new toy!!!

Burntime

I found this on CL. 64 Landlord with a blade and tiller. Bought from the original owner with the booklets from 1964. He even has a note he re ringed it in 1983.

DANG IT...IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE SELLER TO GIVE ME HIS NUMBER SO I COULD GO PICK IT UP!!! FIGURES I MISSED IT...WANNA SELL THE TILLER?

Yep, I gave him his asking price. According to him he had 30 emails stacked up of "I will take it" He called me and asked if I wanted it or it will go to the next guy, the only reason he called me is I was first in with the email...

yeah I figured I was too late...dang it....I wanted to buy it and keep the tiller and wheel weights and sell the rest for $200 cause thats all I needed off it

Thanks, usually I miss out. It was a full day later so I did not think anything of it. Infact when he called I at first had forgotten! Thanks!

I may just put the blade and chains on for fun. Needs a little tinkering here and there but it runs and no smoke. All in all its a great buy!

Sweet! I have been reluctant to bring a foot-dragger on board b/c it is all I can do to remain well-versed on my RBT's. I am too afraid to learn a new set-up. Now I can just learn from you!

Well done! My 64 is my current favorite (I waffle 'tween the flat hoods and round hoods but always an fdtsm03), mines a 16hp repower, with hydro-lift and hi/lo. Paid 'bout the same price I think near 10 years ago, no blade or tiller though.... l

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Fender extensions?? Looks decent though. Nice find.
Thats what is different. Did they make such a thing?

"quote:Originally posted by D-17_Dave Fender extensions?? Looks decent though. Nice find. Thats what is different. Did they make such a thing?" Good question. First ones I've seen.

I don't think there are any "extensions." The fenders are just bent down, this happens on most of the round hood FDTs. The black line looks like its just a stripe someone added.

I should really get the pin for the plow and mount the chains...Anyone know what size pin that is? My blade and hitch are sitting next to each other...