Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1974 AC 716H (7016 1690006).... which hydro?

sammiefish

Can someone tell me which hydro is in the 1974 AC716H (the Simplicity equivalent I think is 7016 Mfg# 1690006) The hydro filter service section mentions that the Vickers is in "some" 7000's but does not mention the 716H at all. Also, do you think the Kohler 16Hp in this is interchangeable with the AC 300 series...??? I think you see where Im going with this sm06

According to the pictures in the manual it is a Sunstrand. I also believe after the 3400 series they were Sundstrand. I know the manual states it is a Simplicity but that is what is brought up when that Mfg. No. is typed into the Simplicity manual website. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8bwO5rE3CNj5kbp796Dq

the article in the Resources section: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1658 refers to a 7013 hydro (model 1690184) as Vickers with the leaky pintle.... I need to clean a little more but I think my project 312H may have the same problem... so im looking for a replacement or how to do the rebush job. The written description above was somewhat over my head. I wouldnt know what Does anyone have the technical service bulletin referred to in the above post? or any experience repairing this leak?? Otherwise, my hydro works great!!

Ray, I believe all 3400 series tractors were Vickers. I have 2, a 3410H and a 3416H and both have Vickers. As I understand it, some of the early 700 series had Vickers. Chris, a picture would tell the type of hydro. If right behind the BGB and in front of the tranny, there is a vertical cylindrical hydro fluid reservoir/filter holder it is a Vickers. If in the same area, but down low, there is a spin on hydro fluid filter, then it is a Sunstrand.

The engine on the 716 may have a different alternator but that could be swapped, the oil pan on the 716 drains on the bottom rather than the side but thats also an easy swap.

I just got the pics... they are too big to post and i dont have a good resizer on this computer... but, it is the older 716H with the side 2+2 headlights with a sunstrand... :( well, its been sitting in the woods since spring so he says... ill have to think it over thanks for the help...

I have never run across a 700 series Allis with a Vickers. I had a 712H that had a 1973 K301. So I would say that it was and early 1974. It had the Sunstand hydro.