Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Socks and Shoes on the Landlord

grnlark

I had the rims powder coated and added new rubber. A special thanks to ReedS for helping me out with a new core set of front rims. dOd The originals were pretty rotted when I started blasting them.

Looking Good Matt, like the rims, I took the stack muffler off of my 3012 because it was right at ear level and quite loud. You will love the tire set up as well. Here is my 3012.

Hey Roy, I'll tell ya, my stack muffler is not loud at all. In fact it's really nice and quiet. I bought it at Tractor Supply about a year ago and it says Stanley Muffler on it. I love it. It's definietly no louder than the oil can muffler was. Timflury, a buddy of mine has his own powder coating shop. The white is just the "house white" as he refers to it. When I bought this tractor, someone had already repainted some of the white components with a normal white paint. I think it's actually supposed to be a slight off white. But when I did the rims, I decided to just match what was already done on the tractor itself, so I stayed with the regular white. JimH, the rear tires are an older set of Carlisle Power Lugs 23-8.5-12. They actually leaked pretty good thru the sidewalls from some dry cracks, but visually they looked great. So, I just bought a set of new tubes from Northern Tool and VIOLA! The front tri-ribs are 4.00-8.

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Sweet looking tractor. Where did you get that sweep "el" that is used on the stack muffler? jh
I just went to my local Napa and told them I needed a 90 degree piece of exhaust pipe and two U exhaust clamps. It worked mint and it is SOLID! And it looks great. All I did was put a piece of normal threaded iron pipe in the block and cut it off with about 2 inches out of the block. Slide the 90 exhaust pipe over the threaded pipe stub with a clamp and then slide the stack muffler in the other end with a clamp. I think it's much cleaner looking than the threaded 90 degree pipe fittings you typically see. Let me know if this doesn't make sense. I can also take closer pictures if you want.

Thanks for the compliments. I'd like to get the seat pan and rear fenders taken care of next. I'd like to blast them, do a little body work and spray them. I don't want the tractor to be too nice because then I'll never want to use it.

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Nice 2010. And highly appropriate in about 2 weeks. Gonna fire 'er up at midnight?
Now THAT'S funny!!!! Can't wait to run that passed the wife. I bet the facial expression will be priceless!

quote:
Originally posted by RUMBLEFISH
A closer pic would be great. That is a nice clean set up and would like to copy it if you dont mind. Thanks
Here you go.

Classy indeed. I would however put some sort of cover on those clamp bolts before they accidentally scratch that lovely hood during removal. Powder rims always look so nice. 8D

Happened to come across a pic of the 2010 before I did the rims and tires. It's amazing how much it cleans the whole machine up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts