Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jlasater

Wheel weights and snowblower counterweight

jlasater
While waiting for my new snowblower to arrive for the 716H I have, I thought I'd make up a set of wheel weights and a counterweight for the rear hitch. How many pounds should I be shooting for? I assume the counterweight on the rear lift hitch is to make lifting the snowblower easier (being as how the lift mechanism is all tied together). Update: Looking around, it looks like the rear weight does *not* act as an attachment counterweight on the RBT's.

OrangeMetalGuy
I think I asked that question myself a while back and found that same answer. Unfortunately I think it would just be more weight to lift.

Roy
You two need a rock shaft adapter so you can reverse the lift action of the rear lift. Then the counterweights will assist as they should. Picture is of the adapter.

Rod Hubbard can make them and has done a write up on how to make one, Contact Rod. Think he can help.

sammiefish
While this probably doesnt apply to your tractor... I had the same Q for my setup a while back so maybe this can help the 3/400 series owners... On the 3/400 series the rock shaft adapter is not necessary.. the rear hitch is up when the blower is down and down when the blower is up.... the counterweight is recommended in the blower manual for the manual lift tractors only.... and specifically not recommended for those with power lifts...(although Im still not sure why that would be)...

GregB
On my 716-6 speed I installed a lift cross shaft from a later maodel 900 series tractor. They came with the "special adaptor" welded on from the factory.