Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PE CO Vacuum Colector

haykarenhardy

I found a PE CO Vacuum Collector model 1690402-2726 and have a few questions about it. I have the parts pdf file and would like a copy of the operators manual if anyone has one. Also I am not sure of the belt tension assembly, if it is the correct one, also the shield was fastened with one bolt near the tractor tool bar and was rubbing on a drive pulley, it should be fastened with a bolt near the blower also, does anyone have a photo? The belt that came with the blower is about 75 1/2 inches long, is it the right one? Thanks Stan

Those kind of idlers usually ride on the *back* side of the belt, not the inside. So the spring would pull the idler up against the belt, and be fastened to something on the blower housing. That's the way the idler on the rear tillers work. It makes the belt wrap around the driven pulley more for better grip.

My spring attaches to a little hole in the corner of the box tube bracket that the blower shaft goes through. Straight back and up from the idler pulley bracket in line with its travel.( up above the word "spring" in your last picture.) My spring, however, is alot shorter than the one you have pictured, and as stated the pulley goes under the belt on the lower side.

Jeremy and Ray, I need to get the right belt, mine is about 75" and is to short to fit the idler as it should. ( rubes on transmission ) Sam, need to get the right spring and after wire brushing found the mounting holes described. Thanks everyone Stan