Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

front wheel bearings

RUMBLEFISH

As I am going thru by first rebuild on my AC Big Ten and I'm now at the front axle. I am going to do the needle bearing thrust washer upgrade on the king pins. The wheel bearings came apart and the washers are now ground down to slivers.Also are the inside and outside bearings the same size? I searched every which way but cant seem to get the info I need on the bearing and washers. Can I get the bearings at nappa along with the washers and what part numbers would they be since mine are unreadable. Or do I bring them in to a store and they can match them up.

I got all the info for the steering spindle upgrade from zippo but I need to know the wheel bearing numbers, Mine are shot and cant read any numbers on them.

Bearings are available from Simplicity. I purchased Timken bearings from A&W Bearing Supply 1-800-535-9638. This place also has the thrust bearings for the spindles. Wheel bearing info: Timken LM11910 = bearing races Timken LM11949 = outside bearings Timken LM11900LA = inner bearings with integral grease seal Tom in Milwaukee

Search the archives for thrust bearings. When I have time later today, I'll go out in the shop and get the #'s. I got mine at Motion Industries. One of the best improvements I made on steering was a longer needle bearing in the steering gear itself. I bought it from Motion as well, instead of using the Simplicity bearing, which is shorter, about 1/4" shorter, as I recall. Not sure if I still have the box for that one, though.