Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Funny Ad

Architectdave

quote:
Do you think that guy had to set his Water Bong down while he typed this ad.
:D:D I don't know if he set his down, but ya gotta pick one up and use it heartily to buy at that price!!

Had a chat with the guy and told him he is pretty high (in price) and suggested that something around 350 might be more reasonable.He didnt like that said it was unreasonable. Didn't want to insult him but geez I wouldnt pay 2000.00 for it with a brand new factory loader on it. He said "well im the one selling" My reply was "that has yet to be seen" I am looking into a 7016 with a 60" deck not running for 300.00 I really want the deck plus most of the big parts look jsut like my 3314. :)

Guess I've been selling things too cheapsm01 Case in point is this ad from my area and you don't even get a picture. http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/1513684654.html

quote:
Originally posted by xenon172
Guess I've been selling things too cheapsm01 Case in point is this ad from my area and you don't even get a picture. http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/1513684654.html
I like the phrase "Motor worked over". Does that Ran Hard or new rings or totally rebuilt? But you do get new belts-tires-lights-seat-battery-bearings, didn't say "new" when?

He emailed back he is trying to start low and work his way up. He is doing it as either a joke or trying to find a real dummy... Either way I got a chuckle out of it...

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
I can get a new one for that!!
Not sure where you'll find a comparably built tractor with attachments for under $10K, usually the snowblowers and tillers sell for over $1000 new.
quote:
Originally posted by Architectdave
I am looking into a 7016 with a 60" deck not running for 300.00 I really want the deck plus most of the big parts look jsut like my 3314. :)
Dave, have them check again, the 60" deck was not offered and will not fit under a 7016, most likely it has a 48" which was the largest avaialable. As for this CL package, I agree its overpriced but its worth a heck of a lot more than $350 dollars. It is poorly described so here's my best idea of fair market from what I can establish from the AD: 36" tiller complete with pulleys (seen mounted on tractor) $175-$300 Wheel weights (if cast iron) $100 If homemade or plastic- $20 RBT snow blower $75-$150 Mechanical front PTO on engine $75-$100 RBT type Rear lift kit with cable and pulleys $100-$150 Tractor itself (not sure of model and HP) $200-$425 in tip top shape, and depending on deck width. Total: $645-$1225 Are my figures out of line? I know thats not a bargain, and we all like bargains, but thats just what this stuff usually goes for.