Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydor lift Bevel Gear Box Bracket idea

peterinbrooklyn

Does anybody have any specs on the bracket that goes to the bevel gear box to mount the cylinder for the hydro lift on a Landlord 101? its actually going on my Wards squire 9 though

i did that...couldn't find anything...Plus the search is pathetically slow...and just makes me mad...You would figure with paying for the membership the site would be a bit quicker

quote:
Plus the search is pathetically slow...and just makes me mad...You would figure with paying for the membership the site would be a bit quicker
I couldn't agree more. For the incredibly excessive ten bucks per year, that they twisted our arms to pay, it just makes me mad too. You would figure a paying member that gets so much for so little from this site, wouldn't be so quick to complain. However, if you are willing to fork a few k over to the club, I am sure they would consider an upgrade to new faster servers, if you are that hacked off, and so inclined. Just MHO

C'mon Brettw, ease up. I get just as frustrated trying to search. In this day and age we are all spoiled with super fast whateveritisits. Heck, theres a lot of times I don't know what to call it...its the thingymajig, you know...just how do you search that one:D:D:D

I too find the search function frustrating, but I did find this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=73031&SearchTerms=hydro%2Clift%2Cbracket

My apologies. However, I can get frustrated too. Not the point. For ten bucks, I challenge anyone to find any site, anywhere, that offers more information, more camaraderie, more fun, and more sense of community that this site. When I was told a year and a half ago, "spend the ten bucks, best ten bucks you'll ever spend" (and have tried to pass that great wisdom along), it was the absolute truth. And trust me, hands down, I can b*tch with the absolute best of 'em!:D

Guys, I'm very aware of how slow the search is at times. Part of the issue is with the database server, a shared SQL Server machine. However, the "root cause" is simply trying to do what's called a "full text search" of over 300,000 posts that have accumulated here over the last 11 years (yesterday, 12/15/09, marked our 11th anniversary). Try doing a full text search on your desktop machine and see how long that takes -- and more than likely you won't have but a small fraction of the number of files to search. Granted a database search is faster than searching through files, but when you do a full text search, the database indexes cannot be used, so it much open each record (similar to opening each file) and search through it for the term or word in question... there's simply no real fast way to search through all that information on a normal computer.

quote:
Originally posted by peterinbrooklyn
i did that...couldn't find anything...Plus the search is pathetically slow...and just makes me mad...You would figure with paying for the membership the site would be a bit quicker
Complaining about the site is no way to get information or help unless you post it in the "BUGS" forum. As far as the search goes I seem to not have a problem finding any information I need, but I do know you have to know what other people call something you are looking for (everybody calls things different names). For instance just today after reading this post I went to the search page and typed in "cylinder bracket", clicked "archived" and got four pages back with what I was looking for. I did wait but you have to figure this server is searching through thousands of posts and several years of information for the one you requested especially for you.

Peter, Send me an email, I dug up a bracket and will be happy to measure it up for you. As for the the searching, it's not a matter of being slow for me. I find that 4 out of 5 times I search the result is: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31' Timeout expired /club2/search.asp, line 546 " That's even trying to look at only 6 months - maybe I have the problem. I'm not able to search the "Archived Posts" at all. I don't know if anything can be done to improve the search capabilities, but it would be nice if possible. I'm sure Brett is aware the the club has over $13 thousand in the club account from all of our $10 fees. There's a lot of info in these forums, thanks to Kent! As far as what Peter is looking for - that was clear to me. Maybe Brettw should run for 'camaraderie' Moderator? (though he'd probably not get my vote!) It's too bad to spend the energy reacting to something rather than simply trying helping (or being quiet as the case may be). John