Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PGL

Zippo's Videos

PGL
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of the great videos Zippo (one of our members) has posted on You Tube. For example, he has one showing his engine hoist (a recyled hospital hoist, cost $20) and how he sets up for testing engines. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6OzJ15XwaA Great help to me. Maybe we could put references to his videos in our Resources section.

ZippoVarga
Wow....Thanks guys!! I do it to help pass the time and I love the requests I get. Don't put me too high up there on that pedestal though, I have bad balance and might come crashing down...lol. Thanks again for the Kudos....just keep the requests coming, they help me more than they help you guys. dOddOd

Simpleton7016
When you get a chance, could you post a "how-to" video on finding lost tools? And after that, a "how-to" on teaching the wife to park squarely in the garage? Thanks in advance, Erik

ZippoVarga
Attach (firmly) any locatable GPS chip to ALL tools to prevent their loss. As for parking squarely.......I firmly believe that is in the Male genes and NOT in the female genes, so there is NO hope there...lol. Thanks Erik! Keeping me on my toes here!!! lol:D

ZippoVarga
I'm working on it Dave. There are other things to factor in along with my trying to quit that are making it really difficult, but I am determined!! Thanks Jim! There's a bunch more that are tractor related on my youtube page. If you just put "zippovarga" in the search area it will pull them all up.

johnmonkey
Hey Sean, keep on trying to quit, it will work eventually. I was a heavy smoker for 13 years and I quit. One incentive was a friend told me that I would never quit. Well that is all it took, within one year I quit and never looked back just to prove him wrong}:). jh PS believe me I tried several times a year to quit for several years, eventually I was tired of lying to myself and I quit.

B10Dave
:DZippo Watched your test bench video. Great presentation. As to the quitting smoking; nobody likes a quitter so let me offer you an alternative. It is much easier to just stop smoking! I stopped using the nicotine stimulant on 05/24/82. It was much easier to stop than quit as noone has any expectations from you if you don't announce you are "quitting'. So good luck stopping the use of tobacco products.sm00

Simpleton7016
I quit by switching to chew first. The hardest part was breaking the need for the "hand to mouth" oral fixation. Of course, then I became hooked on the chew, but much easier to wean off of the chew by going to Nicorette...Of course I relapse to chew for a few months each year when Pol Pot flares up and gets in one of her moods, but the "wean-off" period isn't so bad. Quitting chewing is infinitely easier than quitting smoking IMHO.

toad270
I smoked for 25 years at least 2 packs a day. I had acupuncture done 2 1/2 years ago it really helped me with the cravings. The Dr. that did this told us that with the pills or patches only about 7% of the people actualy quit because you are just changing the source for their nicotine. The biggest problem I found was eating more to keep my hands busy if you think about it your hand goes to your mouth at least 160 per pack of cigerettes.

ZippoVarga
33 years I've been smoking...yes, I'm only 43....and yes, I could walk into the local 7-11 in New Ark Delaware and say, my Mom needs a pack of Boro Reds and out I'd walk, 49 cents poorer and 20 smokes cooler. By the time I realized how UN-cool smoking was, I was hooked. That's not an excuse for not stopping the tobacco, it's just a near life long habit to kick. Thanks to all for the encouragement!!

ZippoVarga
Just a quick note to all that there are new videos up on what to look for when buying one of our beloved FDT Simplicities. I just happend to have a sad machine to show what you do NOT want in a tractor...lol. I hope you all enjoy the videos and I also threw one in there of my Blue Diamond, which many of the elder members will remember.

Sign in to follow this